hospitality 101
i decided to spend my friday evening relaxing at home. at around 10pm nathan hester called. i notice (and laugh every time) as he has begun a tradition of phoning while standing outside apartment eleven. anyway, without hesitation, he made himself at home. busting out his brand spankin' new 14 inch ibook g4 with superdrive, he connected to the wireless internet our humble home provides...then proceeded to do homework. all the while i did various activities finally settling with reading a book on "the love seat". occasionally we would chit-chat but more or less enjoyed the comfortable silence of doing our own thing in the presence of a friend. at one point i said, "you know nathan, i like that i dont have to host you." we laughed. it was then that i decided that i want every guest to be as comfortable as nathan is. i write this as he finishes doing push-ups and begins strumming the guitar to the music playing from his new electronic toy.

8 Comments:
Maybe we should build a little addition out front -- surely there's enough room for a modest guest house.
I like that people make themselves at home. There's just something about those girls in #11.
I told you guys to add an extra chair to your table and I'd be part of "the family."
Love, Keb
P.S. Nash says, "get a mushroom chair from Target." But in all my wisdom I replied, "I think they'll go to IKEA instead."
i think peanut butter m&ms will make your guests feel even MORE at home!
i said it once, i will say it again ... i cannot wait to visit in november!!
I like that even though we haven't been roommates for years, and probably never will be roommates agian, you will always be my Roommate. :-)
Have i really happened upon THE Sonia? The one who gives the best hugs? The one I miss tons? The one who moved into my old fav. apartment? I was just wondering--Farris
missjessagrace.blogspot.com
Frijole, BLOG.
i second that
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home